Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

RevoSlot Porsche 911 GT1 Le Mans 1996 twin pack

RevoSlot RS0064 Porsche 911 GT1 Mobil 1 Twin Pack - Le Mans 1996. Limited Edition of 250. RRP £143.95. Available now.

RevoSlot's range of mid-to-late 1990s sports racing cars continues to grow. This relative new company has utilised aluminium chassis with high-quality racing components supplied by BRM. To all intents and purposes, these are 1/32 scale BRM cars. I have to admit that I was scratching my head after the first couple of releases - 1990s GT2s? However, as the range has been added to - including the Ferrari 333SP, Toyota GT-One and the new Porsche 911 GT1 - I get it. The collection of GT1 and GT2 cars now available - with a Ferrari F40 coming soon - provides a fabulous period grid. This random pic from the 1996 Le Mans 24 hours shows three cars modelled by RevoSlot...

The new RevoSlot Porsche 911 GT1 model has just been launched with this Le Mans 1996 limited edition twin pack, the two cars available separately, a black and khaki "test car" livery and a white kit. The two Mobil 1 cars are very sharp and come in a nicely-produced collectors box...

The 911 GT1 is a favourite car of mine. Porsche blew apart the FIA GT1 rules by building the car from the bottom up as a thoroughbred racing car, as opposed to a modified road car. Porsche initially produced just two Straßenversion cars for homologation purposes. The RevoSlot model is of the original 1996 car, as opposed to the 911 GT1-98 that won at Le Mans in 1998 and has been produced by Slot.it. The two Mobil 1 cars are the #25 and #26 cars raced at Le Mans in 1996...

The 911 GT1s were the big news going into the event, featuring on the programme cover and much of the publicity. Although prototypes took the first three places on the grid, the Porsches were right on the pace and looking very strong for the race. It was a Porsche 1-2 in the early stages, Dalmas in the #26 leading Wolleck in the #25. Two of the lighter, more aerodynamic Joest TWR Porsche prototypes then managed to get ahead and pulled out a gap as both the GT1s had excursions off the track. The #25 Wolleck-Stuck-Boutsen car got back up to second during the night and an early morning triple-stint charge by Stuck closed down on the leading Joest car of Jones, Wurz and Reuter. The #26 car had dropped back to twelfth during the night, but battled back to fifth by dawn. The second Porsche eventually climbed up to third, but thirteen laps behind the top two. In the end, what won the race was the flawless performance by the #7 Joest team, finishing a lap ahead of the #25 Porsche 911 GT1.

Underneath, the RevoSlot GT1s looks like this...

That's another two-piece anodised aluminium chassis from RevoSlot, with the BRM-supplied components going together like this...

That gives the potential for a great racing slot car. The two openings in the chassis in front of the "RS RevoSlot" logo allow for the fitting of digital chips compatible with Scalextric, Carrera, oXigen and Scorpius digital systems.

The limited edition twin pack, the two Mobil 1 cars, black and khaki "test car" livery and a white kit are available in the UK from Pendle Slot Racing and MRE.

A big thanks to Neil at Pendle Slot Racing for sending us all the pictures of the new cars. You can see the full RevoSlot Range here: www.pendleslotracing.co.uk/brand/revoslot
[+] 4 members Like woodcote's post

Nice article Andy.
Picked up my 911 GT1 last Saturday, I'll post a full review soon(er or later)  Cool

with kind regards
Tamar
[+] 1 member Likes Tamar's post

Thanks Tamar. I saw the announcement of the RevoSlot Back to the 90's Endurance series on the SRC Eindhoven Facebook page. An excellent format and a very eye-catching grid...

Perfect Thumbup 

I also noticed that Pendles have the following spares in for the 911 GT1 cars listed on their website today:
  • RS160 RevoSlot Porsche 911 GT1 Full White Body Kit. £20.99
  • RS161 RevoSlot Porsche 911 GT1 unpainted white body parts set. £4.99
  • RS161A RevoSlot Porsche 911 GT1 Rubber Antenna Set. £TBC
  • RS161M RevoSlot Porsche 911 GT1 Rubber Mirrors Set. £TBC
  • RS161W RevoSlot Porsche 911 GT1 Rubber Wing Mounts Set. £TBC
  • RS162 RevoSlot Porsche 911 GT1 clear parts set. £3.76
  • RS163 RevoSlot Porsche 911 GT1 lightweight lexan cockpit with driver. £3.76
  • RS164 RevoSlot Porsche 911 GT1 Aluminium Body Plate. £6.95
  • RS166 RevoSlot Porsche 911 GT1 unpainted wheel inserts. £3.95

Should be handy for that racing series!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post