Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Question How do I fix wires to pins -> guide

(26th-Jul-20, 10:56 PM)spacebiscuit Wrote:  Thanks worked a treat. Whilst I am on a roll can I ask about changing the lights on an XR3i. I have the grain of wheat bulbs and I can see that the each end should fit with the green or brown wire in a hole between the headlights. Is the bulb wire pushed into the hole before the metal piece - which will keep it held in place?

I don't have the car and don't know what pieces you're talking about, but both wires from the bulb need to be connected to either the motor or the braids, or somewhere between.

By the way, I discovered that the cars which would only move with the body removed simply required new pinions :)
[+] 1 member Likes spacebiscuit's post

(26th-Jul-20, 10:56 PM)spacebiscuit Wrote:  Thanks worked a treat. Whilst I am on a roll can I ask about changing the lights on an XR3i. I have the grain of wheat bulbs and I can see that the each end should fit with the green or brown wire in a hole between the headlights. Is the bulb wire pushed into the hole before the metal piece - which will keep it held in place?

Hello SpaceBiscuit,
Hopefully you have got this issue sorted, but yes you are correct. The bulb leads get jammed in place by the metal piece.

Leo

Forum Precepts:  Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one.   Don't feed the Troll.    http://www.scuderiaturini.com

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by nkarres
11th-Feb-23, 08:36 PM
Last Post by Savage GT
27th-Feb-22, 11:53 AM
Last Post by AdeC
14th-Aug-21, 01:33 PM