Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Hello from Germany

Hi,
my name is Thomas, I am 60 years young and still playing with cars.

I am collecting slotcars since my twenties, my main focus lies on 1/32 cars like Scalextric, Exin, Revell, Airfix, MRRC, Super Shells, Monogram, AMT, Lindberg, Faller, Carrera, Marklin, Fleischmann, and of course some very nice scratchbuilt cars from back in the day.

I am more a collector than a racer, but I find it very satisfying to drive these little machines around the track and explore the different concepts like 4WD (MRRC, Exin), FWD (Scalextric Mini), Anglewinder (Carrera Universal), Transaxle (Fly) and so on.

And finally I love the box art of some companies.

[Image: 39083191el.jpg]

I am glad that I have found Slotracer Online, which is very well executed website, offers interesting news, brillant fotography and tons of stuff to read.
Thanks for that
Thomas
[+] 6 members Like geetoo1's post

Welcome aboard Thomas, glad you like the site. Thumbup
[+] 1 member Likes JasonB's post

Hello Thomas, greetings from Scotland.
I am the same, more of a hobbyist/collector than a racer. There are many like us. The racers tend to have more to talk about so naturally they are the most frequent posters and that is good for us as it keeps us "relevant"...

Leo

Forum Precepts:  Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one.   Don't feed the Troll.    http://www.scuderiaturini.com
[+] 1 member Likes Scuderia_Turini's post

Grüße aus BW! Checkeredflag
[+] 1 member Likes dvd3500's post

Welcome Thomas  Wavegreen
[+] 1 member Likes woodcote's post

Hi Thomas, as you said great forum with tons to read, especially on the home page!

Thanks

Stuart
[+] 1 member Likes 1eye101's post

Hello Thomas from Southern California, USA. I'm pretty new here too. I'm also more of a collector than a racer. There's manufacturers names you've mentioned I've never heard of - which I can now try to find out about - thanks for that! And yes that box art is fabulous!
[+] 1 member Likes DPJ's post

(25th-Jul-20, 04:03 PM)DPJ Wrote:  There's manufacturers names you've mentioned I've never heard of - which I can now try to find out about - thanks for that!

Hello DPJ,

which brands are new to you? Perhaps I can help with a link or information?
Best regards
Thomas

Thomas - welcome on board.

Although I am more senior to you (read older ) Rofl  I too, like you, like the old stuff. I dont feel so alone here anymore  Sun 

Would love to see some of your pics on here !!

(1st-Aug-20, 11:47 AM)geetoo1 Wrote:  Hello DPJ,

which brands are new to you? Perhaps I can help with a link or information?
Best regards
Thomas
I've never heard of these: Exin, Super Shells, Lindberg, Faller, Marklin, or Fleischmann
Thanks!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post