Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Worldwide shipping.....what's happening, not much?

I posted proxy cars, at my local post office, back to Austria, Germany, Canada, Finland and Indianapolis, USA about 2 weeks ago.

All except Canada arrived within a week, that one was last seen on a dog sled heading west!

The first to arrive was USA, closely followed by Germany.

Suffice to say that I am well happy with the service provided by the Post Office.

Regards, Lloyd.

The wonders of the Royal Mail, UK not worldwide.......
I once sent a parcel recorded delivery to Southampton which went missing. I waited the requisite number of days and sent in a loss claim.

A few days later a card came through the door saying a parcel had been returned to my local post office and there was a £6 fee to pay because it had no stamp on it. I went to collect and could see that it was the lost parcel so I pointed out that it had been sent from the same post office, I had a receipt and it would be impossible not to pay over the counter for a recorded delivery item so it was their fault that it hadn't got a stamp. Following a phone call to Head Office they agreed to resend the parcel FOC but that I would have to pay the fee and a refund would be sent in the post which was a bit bizarre to say the least.

Sure enough, a few days later I received two letters from the post office, one contained a cheque for the £6 refund and the other stated that they had checked their records, could find no trace of the parcel and included a cheque for £20 compensation!

The parcel reached its destination at the second attempt.

Somehow it totally slipped my mind to inform them of their error and return the cheque.
Rofl Rofl
[+] 3 members Like CMOTD's post

Strangely I had a parcel go missing from the UK recently. It was tracked and was 'missing'.

I have to give a shout out to Classicslots as they replaced the order no problem -which was outstanding!!!

the only other issue was a parcel sent to SOuth AFrica that vanished between the Brussels international depot and the next port of call (ethiopia if I recall) on its way to RSA. Value declared on customs doc - 500 euros. Refund 88 euros.....

(5th-Nov-20, 02:18 AM)Johnno Wrote:  Ordered several cars from Electric Dreams on 27th October, 2020 and here it is already departing the Kingsford Smith Airport terminal in Australia for delivery to my home... wow indeed, provided Tracking History for dates and times.

Tracking History
November 5, 2020, 12:00 pm
Departed
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA

Your item departed a transfer airport in KINGSFORD SMITH, SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA on November 5, 2020 at 12:00 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

[size=undefined][size=undefined]November 3, 2020, 11:04 pm
Departed
LOS ANGELES, UNITED STATES[/size][/size]

[size=undefined][size=undefined]October 31, 2020, 10:25 am
Departed Shipping Partner Facility, USPS Awaiting Item
LOS ANGELES, CA 90051 
Shipping Partner:  RR DONNELLEY[/size][/size]

[size=undefined][size=undefined]October 27, 2020, 5:24 pm
Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
EL SEGUNDO, CA 90245 
[/size][/size]

So package arrived today, 9th Nov.

A total of 9 days from El Segundo, CA 90245 to Sydney, NSW, 2000 a total of 7,484 miles (12,044.33 km's) yet it took 4 days from Sydney, NSW 2000 to 2430 a distance of 320.8kms... talk about a slow delivery system in Australia, good ol' over priced Australia Post.

Another interesting fact was once the parcel landed in Sydney all tracking ceased immediately

Australian Slot Car Group (ASCG)
[url=https://www.facebook.com/groups/australianslotcars]Australian Slot Car Group (ASCG) - all things Slot Cars[/url]

NSW Slot Car Group (NSWSCG)
[url=https://www.facebook.com/groups/nswslotcargroup]NSW Slot Car Group (NSWSCG)[/url]

Often a confounding system. Parcels from Pendle usually arrive in the US in 3-4 days, then take another week at least to get to my home via USPS. They generally land at an east coast port, but occasionally touch down on the west coast. No idea why they go all the way around to the back door as I live on the east coast. I guess Royal Mail loads them on the first flight for the States.