Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

U brackets

Hi anybody got any ideas where I can get a couple of old school motor/ axle brackets in the UK please ,or if anyone has a spare I can purchase  Yes

Steve

Hi Steve,
Would AB Slotsport be of any use ? seems they have some near the bottom of this page … Link Clicky

Hi,Tel thanks they look promising  

Steve

(10th-May-20, 05:20 PM)Fluff Wrote:  Hi anybody got any ideas where I can get a couple of old school motor/ axle brackets in the UK please ,or if anyone has a spare I can purchase  Yes

Steve

Hi Steve, When you say "old school" are you planning on using these brackets with 16/26/36D etc. type motors ??.............all of the brackets Andy has listed (while definitely nice) have hole patterns  for the more modern "FK" motors.

Cheers
Chris Walker

Hi Chris , thanks for that I am hoping to use an FK motor  and get that and the bracket from SCD but that is proving difficult  . I don't think they do stuff on line it seems to be all done on the phone   . 

Steve

[Image: P1020441.jpg]
[Image: P1020440.jpg]
[Image: P1020442.jpg]

Hi John , that's neat ,your own design ?

Steve

Hi Steve, 

I had some made to my specs. 
They are a 1mm panel steel with a galv finish so solder really well.
I have only a few on offer as my man in the sheetmetal workshop has moved on and my stocks are limited.
I probably would have made an offset version as well but it didn't happen.

If you cannot get anything closer to home I can help you. These are 4.00GBP each plus 10.00shipping 

ps I have two other designs for FF050 motors...short and 1.0mm offset

Cheers John , I'll see what I can get in the UK ,but thanks for the offer .

Stay safe , Steve