Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Question What are these bits?

I removed the front axle from a Slot.It Merc 190E and these plastic bits fell out:

I can't see any obvious place they came from so does anybody know what they are please? Are they important? Where do they fit?

I think I have seen adverts for things like these which allow you to adjust the height of the front axle. 

I'll leave your other two questions to others!

I love puttering with gears

Yes they go under the front axle, over the moulding that you can, if you want, insert a grub screw to adjust the axle height. I always use the grub screw method with two underneath and two on top....
[+] 2 members Like Ken Mason's post

As Ken says :)
Fiddly little blighters, better off replacing with grub screws. 
I get mine from ebay, get yourself a 20 or 50 pack each of M2x3mm and M2x5mm (5's at the chassis bottom, 3's at the top). Link
They are the same size allan key as standard slot it grub screws.

Note these are best used for axle adjustment only as they are cone point.

For replacing wheel and gear grub screws, use these cup point: Link for Wheel/Gear screws
I prefer M2x2mm as then there is only a tiny bit, if any, sticking out. You could use m2x3mm if you prefer.
[+] 5 members Like Savage GT's post

Thanks for the info folks. The reason I removed the axle was to fit grub screws but the plastic bits just confused the issue so I thought I would check before proceeding.

Here's a good Slot.it reference document for setting up the front end

Attached Files
.pdf 9-FrontAxleSetup.en.pdf Size: 1.25 MB  Downloads: 188
[+] 4 members Like DPJ's post