Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Question CARRERA Problem

Hello there. I’m new to slot car racing and I bought a Carrera analog racing set. In less than 3 months from having purchased it I’ve been having problems with the tracks. Even though I’ve buying and adding new track- extensions , I get a lot of power shortage in many tracks, so the cars are always getting stuck.  Does anybody know if this is something common with Carrera, is there a way to permanently fix the problem????

I'm no Carrera expert, but that shouldn't happen with any system in such a short space of time.

We'll need a few more details to try and help you.

Do the power power shortages always happen at the same point on the track? If so, there are probably problems with the track connections at the point where the cars lose power.

If your cars lose power randomly around the track, it's possible that the problem is with the cars themselves. Perhaps the braids need replacing?

Jason, thank you for such a fast answer! First, it could happen in diferent tracks and if I apply some pressure or force to the area of the track which connects with the other track, then the car starts moving. It appears like if when I begin to extend and make a larger track, the issue accentuates. It also appears like if the problem is related to a loss of electricity flow in the track "rails". Thank you for all the help I can get!!!

what you you can do is bending the rails with a small screw driver at the place where the nose of the rail goes into the U-shape part. just a little to help it making better contact. 

and always be sure to have the braids on your cars adjusted right (a little feathered out, bend downwards)

this problem is not common and what i can imagine can only happen when the track is not flat on an even surface, but you ´re trying to make some uphill - downhill sections. 

anyway i hope that this helps, was my description clear enough for you?

Peter
[+] 3 members Like pfuetze's post

Do Carrera sets still come with the separate clips to hold the track pieces together?

And if so, are you using them?

Edit;

Just realised this is in the 1/43 section. So they probably don't!

(4th-Apr-20, 12:23 AM)jcardona Wrote:  Jason, thank you for such a fast answer! First, it could happen in diferent tracks and if I apply some pressure or force to the area of the track which connects with the other track, then the car starts moving. It appears like if when I begin to extend and make a larger track, the issue accentuates. It also appears like if the problem is related to a loss of electricity flow in the track "rails". Thank you for all the help I can get!!!

It sounds like you might have loose connections at the track joints.

Pfuetze's advice above is probably the way to go.
[+] 1 member Likes JasonB's post

I would check that all the track pieces have the rails either even with or slightly above the track surface. I have seen some Carrera GO track pieces with the rails slightly below the track surface. If you have any pieces like that, I wouldn't use them.

Secondly, be sure you widen out the end of each braid by pushing the braid end towards the front of the car with it up against the bottom of the chassis. Then angle each braid down so it makes good contact with the rails but not too much that the front wheels don't turn.

Haven’t had the low rail problem like BRI, but many of our R2 curves have high rails and the magnets bottom out, having an effect similar to a power loss.

When we set up our club track we really cleaned every connector first with 600 grit and then with IPA, and where necessary the contacts were bent to get optimum contact.
The finished track rails were first cleaned with a hard eraser and then again with sandpaper, but here ( it´s a somewhat sensible surface that doesn´t like scratches ) with 1000 grit.
And it goes without saying that a few power feeds ought to be connected.
We never had power losses.

Roland

For how long can I edit a subject after it has been published ?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by woodcote
26th-Sep-19, 01:37 PM