Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Scalextric timing.

Sunshine, I suspect you would need a full RMS and computer if you wish to record every single lap but, if you would be happy with fastest lap only then the Scalextric C8215 lap timer would do the job at minimal cost. They are long obsolete but frequently pop up on eBay for not very much money. Here is a Link to a current sale.

(20th-Feb-20, 01:29 PM)CMOTD Wrote:  Sunshine, I suspect you would need a full RMS and computer if you wish to record every single lap but, if you would be happy with fastest lap only then the Scalextric C8215 lap timer would do the job at minimal cost. They are long obsolete but frequently pop up on eBay for not very much money. Here is a Link to a current sale.

many thanks, I will have a look, it might just do me for now.

(19th-Feb-20, 09:39 PM)Sunshine84 Wrote:  thanks all for the response, I also had a look at the link on this site, I must say well done, not only is this forum easy to use the information and resources are top notch.

If all you want is to do lap timing and counting I have played around with LapTrax from the Google Play store (Android). Decent for a free app.

I'd highly recommend my favorite which is the Magic Arc App (available on iOS, Android, Windows 10, Amazon Fire). I use is with Windows 10 so I can utilize two 50inch displays to see race activity etc from either end of my track. This app is free (donate if you find it as great as I do). You can run this in Analog or Digital mode. You could also use the Scalextric Arc app as both these require you get an Arc Pro, or Arc Air power base. I use the Arc Pro so I can do analog or digital mode at the flip of a switch. someone here mention they had a basic digital system. Even if you start with LapTrax, I highly recommend you put an Arc Pro Powerbase and controllers on your list. This kit makes a track so much more enjoyable. Pace cars, wireless controllers to walk around and re-slot your crashes and race from any view point around your layout. Plus go digital and use up to 6 cars on a two lane layout at the same time! Sooooo Cool.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[+] 1 member Likes Mileage712's post

Further to this question I have spent the money and brought the ds universal gantry with the ds-2000 lap counter, my question with the gantry how have those of you with this system on Scalextric how have you made the track Sit flat and holes for sensors etc, I saw a club on here uses this but a 6 lane version with Scalextric and they have is sat flat, any pointers would be great, thanks again for previous replies.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by fotodoug
26th-Oct-19, 04:48 AM