Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

HobbyZone workbench organiser

If you need to clear up the mess on your workbench have a look at HobbyZone.

I use their workbench organiser (above) but they make a large range of modular stuff for all sorts of jobs. Not cheap but good quality and assembles with ease, service is excellent with very fast dispatch. As they are based in Poland, postage can be hefty for small individual purchases so it is best to buy everything you need in one hit.
[+] 5 members Like CMOTD's post

Looks great but I'm not sure I'm tidy enough to stay within its footprint. It would just sit in the middle of all my usual mess Tease
[+] 1 member Likes Gordon Steadman's post

That is a rather lovely system Thumbup 

I use a combination of the IKEA Moppe chests of drawers, cardboard and plastic boxes - and any available surfaces, including the floor...
[+] 1 member Likes woodcote's post

Yo Andy, 
I reckon that you and I are in the majority on this.  Non-OCD sufferers !
I have a large collection of "project boxes" and desk tidy containers and find that these handily hold my Collection of Randomly Acquired Parts.

A set of the HobbyZone units would soon be over-filled.

Leo    Thumbup

Forum Precepts:  Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one.   Don't feed the Troll.    http://www.scuderiaturini.com
[+] 1 member Likes Scuderia_Turini's post

Whenever I try to tidy up I can never find anything Wrench

Steve
[+] 1 member Likes Fluff's post

I've hoarded an array of takeaway containers. Each one comfortably holds a 1/32nd car that is awaiting work although you might need a deep one for a taller car. I also have other containers for wings or wheels or guides. They stack easily on shelves and because they're clear it's easy to see what's inside. 

It also means that you can take down a container, work on the contents and then put it back when you are finished.

Forgot to say though that the Hobbyzone system does look amazing. Very nice indeed.
[+] 2 members Like Gareth's post

A row of about 4 of those, plus a shelving system for 15 plastic divider units, and a narrow filing cabinet - and I'd be getting close to my above track portion of "stuff"

A partial view - just the main working bench - which currently has both my Unimats wedged on it  . .  sigh

[Image: bench21.jpg]

A closer up gives better understanding of volume,
[Image: bench22.jpg]

The main bench holds immediate small parts for builds, all the bigger stuff is in a filing cabinet, and wheelie bins
Oh yes, and of course the obligatory array of used Thai and Indian takeaway containers, which are ever so useful
[+] 1 member Likes slotloco's post

Slotloco that bench is incredible. All those power supplies. I love it.

(16th-Feb-20, 10:18 PM)Gareth Wrote:  Slotloco that bench is incredible. All those power supplies. I love it.

I actually have just one 10 amp variable voltage supply, sitting on the right hand end of the black box.
That box is mostly hollow, but the output of the power supply runs to each of the volt/amp display panels which have an off/on switch and a variable voltage dial.
So I feed the black box with 12 volts from it; then switch each of the outputs off/on as needed, and adjust their output voltage. All the lathes etc, and a spare output feed for motors, can be fed the right voltage.
Everything is set up with banana plugs.
The amp usage part of each display tells me how much load is increasing on the drive motor of the lathes, so I know how much load I am putting on tyres as I true them.
Sometimes  I run a Saturday tuning session for guys from our club/racing group, and we will have all the lathes going at once.
I was fortunate when we designed this house a couple of years back, my wife let me make the double garage a little wider than usual, and 9 metres long, so my track sits across the back, and we can still park both cars in the garage without restricting my use o work benches or use of the track for testing.
When club is at my place, we just roll the cars onto the driveway and throw up some resin tables for the guys slot cases and for the shared supper.
[+] 2 members Like slotloco's post