Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

A Cartrix Front Engined Car...

Looking for a car to race in  1948-1960 Goodwood events. I'm thinking:-

Ferrari F555, or
Lancia Ferrari D50

Happy to consider new or used, I am hoping for a mechanically sound chassis, but am a bit more flexible on the condition of the body. 

Thank you for looking.
[+] 1 member Likes BARacer's post

Cartrix cars aren't front engined

Those two Ferrari are in 1:1

Fair enough - thought you might have been looking for a front motored slot car, so letting you know that Cartrix aren't front motored.

Have a good one....

All sorted.

(9th-Feb-20, 09:52 AM)GT40Racer Wrote:  Fair enough - thought you might have been looking for a front motored slot car, so letting you know that Cartrix aren't front motored.

Have a good one....

They do, but not the F-1 cars, they make a couple of small sedans with a front motor/driveshaft combo. A BMW and some other similar small car. I tuned up a BMW as best as I could and it is still kind of just MEH.

The car is for the WHO/digital Goodwood Revival day in September - specifically for the Richmond Trophy race...
Quote:The Richmond Trophy is an individual sprint race for front-engined 2.5-litre Grand Prix cars 1948-1960. Ready to Run (RTR) cars and George Turner kits can be run.

So it is not the slot car that needs a motor in the front, but the 1:1 car it is modelled on.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post