Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Carrera 2020 Slot Car Range Unveiled

The day before the 2020 Carrera slot car range is exhibited at the Nuremberg Toy Fair, the catalogue has been posted on the Carrera website: www.carrera-toys.com/en/4849/catalogues

As in the catalogue, let's start with the 1/24 scale Digital124 range.

The only 124 set remains the Double Victory set with the two Porsche 911 RSRs - but there are some fabulous new liveries and a brand new Lola T70 MkIIIB...

[+] 1 member Likes woodcote's post

We now step down to 1/32 scale.

There are two new Digital132 sets, both with wired controllers. GT Race Battle is the smaller set - 7.3m of track and one lane changer - and the GT Face Off slightly bigger at 8m and has two lane changers. The three-car GT Triple Power and DTM Furore - with wireless controllers - both remain in the catalogue from 2019.

Now for the Digital132 cars - many of which (more than usual?) are also available as analogue Evolution models, as indicated by the Digital132 and Evolution logos under the pictures.

There are four new liveries from the 2019 DTM season...

The Digital132 GT range sees the arrival of the Aston Martin Vantage GT3 and GTE...

There also a new Porsche 935 GT2 and a Ford Mustang GTY...

[+] 1 member Likes woodcote's post

The retro range of cars look great, with the return of some of my favourites. Most - but not all - are also available as analogue Evolution versions...

That is all the Evolution cars covered within the Digital132 range - there are no Evolution-only models.

However, there are two new Evolutions sets, the only two 1/32 scale analogue sets in the catalogue...

Another drop down to 1/43 scale.

Digital143 remains in the catalogue, but with no new sets. Digital143 cars are included below with the Go cars - there are now seventeen Digital143 cars in total, ten of them new for 2020.

There are no fewer than twenty one Go!!! and Go-Plus sets in the catalogue - seven of them new. The catalogue leads with the three Go-Plus sets, two of which have the Pit Stop Game pieces, the other just the Bluetooth Control Unit that links to the Carrera Go-Plus app or the SmartRace for Carrera Go-Plus app.

The pick of the new sets are these big GT layouts. There is also a new battery-powered Paw Patrol Go!!! set...

There are fifty-three Go!!! cars in the catalogue, seventeen new cars and liveries. We'll start with the racing cars...

There are also four cop cars, plus plenty of Mario Kart, Pixar, Minions and Paw Patrol vehicles...

Finally, we go even smaller for Carrera 1st. Two new releases - one Mario Kart, one Paw Patrol - brings the total of these battery powered sets to nine. Most interesting is the new range of individual cars - nine available this year across the Mario Kart, Pixar and Paw Patrol ranges...

That's pretty much it - no new accessories that I could see. Neither did anything completely disappear. There is a new 'Pull & Speed' range right at the back of the catalogue - but those really are not slot cars.

No 1:32 rally cars  :-(   

Forum Precepts:  Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one.   Don't feed the Troll.    http://www.scuderiaturini.com
[+] 1 member Likes Scuderia_Turini's post

Yes, Leo - with such a vast catalogue, you'd think there would be something for everyone... but nothing rally or off-road. The old 1/43 scale Super Rally set is still in there, plus the two individual 2015 DS3 cars - but exactly the same liveries as in the set. Thankfully other smaller manufacturers produce some nice classic rally cars - but there is a dearth of modern WRC models in 1/32 scale.

The highlight of the catalogue is almost certainly the Lola T70 in 1/24 scale. It goes perfectly with the Ferrari 512s and Porsche 917s. Overall it's a good range. One day - maybe this year - I'm going to try out Carrera's 1/24 scale offerings and that Penske Lola is top of my list.

In 1/32 there are some nice re-liveries, especially for the Porsche 911 RSR and the Huracán. Great to see the early 1970s Nascars back - and the Capri. As expected, there'll be new Scalextric and Carrera Aston Martin Vantages competing for people's hard-earned in 2020 - Carrera have gone straight for the GTE liveries, which I think is a great move. I'm really not sure about either the Porsche 935 GT2 or the Mustang GTY though. On my wish list - probably one (or more?) of those Nascars. To race, of course. They are enormous - and enormous fun to race. I do like that Orange 1 Huracán. And those very lovely Porsche 911 RSRs too. Shame our GT racing is Scalextric-only. 

In 1/43 scale... Where did that Viper SRT come from? I like it. But I might not like it so much when its nose is undercut for the banked-curve compatibility. And I am devastated that Chick Hicks has been axed from the range. What did he do wrong? Were the Hostile Takeover Bank licensing costs out of Carrera's league?

Yo Andy,
Yes its a bit odd that Carrera Go! includes rally cars but the 1:32 and 1:24 ranges do not. I guess it is down to Carrera perceiving a need in the 1:43 market segment.  We all know what marketing departments are like - a bit random.

Thanks for the information anyway, some nice BMW M1 and I am a bit of an admirer of those.

Leo

Forum Precepts:  Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one.   Don't feed the Troll.    http://www.scuderiaturini.com
[+] 1 member Likes Scuderia_Turini's post

Thanks so much for putting this up Woodcote. This is so much better than having to look through their catalog, which is painful to do.

I'm excited for a couple of cars. Those Porsche RSRs look good. I am a little perplexed why they didn't do a 1/32 Pink Pig. Also, with so many 488 liveries to choose from, a fantasy livery? That's a bummer.

I'm also liking the Aston Vantage.

Heath
[+] 1 member Likes FlagSlotRacer's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Mr.M
30th-Jan-23, 10:44 PM