Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Group Five Round One

4 drivers beat their PB’s including Jim with a new lap record 6.317

Heat of the night for me was the first heat, it was incredibly close Terry, Andy and Peter were never more than a second apart Terry hung onto the lead with Andy under a second behind and I think Peter had a moment on lap 23 nocked him to about 3 second behind. Averages: Terry 7.065, Andy 7.099, Peter 7.240.

Also, some steady driving from Andy (4, 2nd places) and Mark (3, 2nd places)

C Final: Peter lead all the way but was never free of pressure from Paul and Ken, they were locked together the whole race with a couple of lead swops, but Paul just got 2nd place over the line, Ken 3rd and Kate 4th.

B: Final: Ralph shot ahead until lap 6, Peter then took lead for a couple of laps then I think Mark took lead for 1 lap, then Andy passed them both for the lead all the way to 1st  , Peter nearly took the race when Andy came off on lap 23 but had to settle for a close 2nd with Mark very close for 3rd and Ralph 4th retiring on lap 21.

A Final: Jim had an early off on lap 3 that let me into the lead and to 1st place, Jim’s car was damaged in a previous heat that lead to his eventual retirement on lap 21. Terry and Andy were close until Andy had an off on lap 9 then Terry cruised to 2nd and Andy 3rd.

Keith Wright……25
Terry Howard….23
Andy Taylor…….21
Jim Kelly………...20
Peter Rix………...19
Mark Riches…….18
Ralph West……..17
Paul Hassall…....16
Ken Mason……...15
Kate Hallam…….14

Next week is Goodwood.

Possibly Related Threads...