Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

News SCX Fulvias have arrived :-)

OK, with the motor glued in and guide modded it is good to go !  Runs nicely and controllable. A small amount of ballast just behind the front axle would probably make it very good.  I actually moved the guide upwards by removing material from the bottom of the receptacle for the guide stem (front tyres now touch the track).
I'm quite liking the Carello fog lamp covers more than the odd lamps on the AutoArt, but the AutoArt car is definitley the better looker. A-A wheels are much better and more detail like the leading edge of the rear wheel arches and the steering wheel. So put the A-A back on the shelf and get an SCX (UK) or Scalextric (Espana) to run.  Heart

Leo

Forum Precepts:  Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one.   Don't feed the Troll.    http://www.scuderiaturini.com

(9th-Jan-20, 11:52 PM)Scuderia_Turini Wrote:  but the AutoArt car is definitley the better looker.

I agree, but I guess on the SCX version the angle of the roof pillars are better (more vertical, like the real car).
The front registration plate is missing on the AA Fulvia too.
You did a nice solution moving the guide upwards.

rallyhub Thumbup
[+] 1 member Likes rallyhub's post

(9th-Jan-20, 11:52 PM)Scuderia_Turini Wrote:  I actually moved the guide upwards by removing material from the bottom of the receptacle for the guide stem (front tyres now touch the track).
I have followed your instruction of removing material.
Next I have bent both strips little upwards to reduce the pressure forces on the guide.
(Too much bending will result in loosing contact with the braids on the guide.)
After trying several times, the contact strips still keep pushing the front of the car upwards.
Next I have cut 1mm off a plastic 7/32" tube and pressed it over the guide shaft.
Now the front of the car is lower, resulting in much better behaviour on the track.
The 1mm plastic tube have reduced the  stroke of the sprung guide by that 1mm, which is a disadvantage on bumpy tracks.
I have tried lowering the front without adding any weight at the front.
Maybe that is the easier way to go.

rallyhub Thumbup

"The guide is positioned too low in the floorpan. This can be solved by adding a shim under the top of the guide rod. 
Now the guide position will be higher, but it will also decrease the stroke of the sprung guide. "

Could you post a photo of where you put the shim please.

thanks
David

Hi David,

Here you can see where the white shim/ring is positioned:

A ring made from 7/32" 1mm long Evergreen plastic tube.
https://evergreenscalemodels.com/product...-od-tubing