Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

My first 3dp print

You have a really nice chassis there Thumbup Thumbup

The 3D chassis looks a lot stronger with the ribs you've added. I presume that's the idea?

Good work, I dream of being able to own a 3DP although mastering the CAD side now seems daunting, despite having  learnt to use a cad program many,many moons ago for wood machining CNC routers !
I don't know if this would be worth your time … but one thing I would like to see someone do is replicate the standard SCX guides but make them 7mm deep to match the depth of the newer Scalextric guides.
I find that once set up with a good thin braid, the SCX guides work well, just could benefit from more depth.

You should dive in sometime since you have the background.
Regarding SCX guide  ithink that much of desloting is due to too much play,which is a consequence of the way it is designed.I am working on a replacement guide which will be able to fit in the old guides place,secured with a screw and geting rid of the "chicken legs".Still a long way to go

Personally, I don't have an issue with play in the guides, and if you are referring to the copper tabs when you say "chicken legs" I might be in the minority but I don't mind them, like I said when you get them set up right they seem to work just fine, but horses for courses Cool
It is the cost of the 3dp that is the real kicker for me, but they are coming down, maybe one day Sun

SCX 7mm guide ready to print

[+] 4 members Like AlexisGaitanis's post

New chassis Porsche 917-10
[Image: 72490482_129253948475845_290087983007976...e=5E18FEAC]

[Image: 73109039_129253905142516_327876237002067...e=5E2C2644]
[+] 2 members Like AlexisGaitanis's post

New chassis
Aston Martin DB5 Airfix,in line only,printed in PLA

[+] 2 members Like AlexisGaitanis's post

You are making chassis for cars that I would make as well - if I had the talent Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup

New chassis

Lancia Stratos Team Slot,in line only,printed in PLA

[+] 3 members Like AlexisGaitanis's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by MrFlippant
13th-Aug-22, 10:05 PM