Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

New user Southampton England

I raced CSCRA hard body at Netley a couple of years ago and it is a great track with much better facilities than our own club.

It is only BSCRA who use goop and, unlike the 60's, the glue is sprayed straight onto the track rather than gooping the tyres. Netley cleaned the glue off the track prior to the CSCRA meeting.

With modern rubber or urethane tyres there is no need for goop for hard body racing even on a wood track.
There are specially made tyre oils which soften rubber tyres or 3 in one oil also works but you only need a very small amount on the tyre. Most clubs say that tyres must be dry when cars are presented for racing so any oil treatment has to be done at home so that tyres are dry for race night.

(7th-Apr-21, 09:59 AM)autoavia Wrote:  I raced CSCRA hard body at Netley a couple of years ago and it is a great track with much better facilities than our own club.

It is only BSCRA who use goop and, unlike the 60's, the glue is sprayed straight onto the track rather than gooping the tyres. Netley cleaned the glue off the track prior to the CSCRA meeting.

With modern rubber or urethane tyres there is no need for goop for hard body racing even on a wood track.
There are specially made tyre oils which soften rubber tyres or 3 in one oil also works but you only need a very small amount on the tyre. Most clubs say that tyres must be dry when cars are presented for racing so any oil treatment has to be done at home so that tyres are dry for race night.
I doubt that I will race at Netley anymore, although the really old boy over there called Mac Miles is a long term friend of mine. My ideas are more based around a decent home circuit.

I have not been to the new Netley track, I think that is the third hard track they have done, there were two in the old hut and before that it was a Scalextric track.

I see that one of the guys there (Mark) is Chairman of the BSCRA now.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by KensRedZed
22nd-Jan-22, 07:49 PM
Last Post by Exlotusman
22nd-Apr-19, 08:26 PM