Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Scalextric 2020 - new pictures for winter releases

When we brought you our SlotRacer Online coverage of the big 2020 Scalextric range unveiling in January (here), many of the cars were just 3D rendered images or photographs of the original full size cars. During the year, I've added updated pictures (autumn ones here) and - unless Scalextric delivers us a big surprise - the pictures below pretty much complete the 2020 catalogue.

First are the new-for-2020 BMW 330i M-Sport saloon cars from last year's British Touring Car Championship. The Pirtek-sponsored car (above) was driven by Scalextric brand-ambassador Andrew Jordan and the 'works' West Surrey Racing car (below) driven by champion Colin Turkington...

I can't wait to see how they perform compared to the rest of the Scalextric BTCC cars.

Next up is my favourite of the two new-for-2020 Aston Martin Vantage GT3s. It's the TF Sport car driven by Johnny Adam and Graham Davidson to first place in the 2019 British GT Championship. TF Sport also took top spot in GTE Am class at last weekend's Le Mans 24 hours - Johnny Adam sharing the Vantage GTE with Charlie Eastwood and Salih Yoluç. The Garage 59 Aston will be available soon, but I think I'm going to wait for the TF Sport car.

A couple more GT3 cars - both Mercedes AMG GT3s - will be around at the end of the year. The first (above) is the Gruppe M Racing car that finished third at the 2019 Bathurst 12 hours. Although this has been seen on other manufacturers' AMGs, it's a nice livery for what is probably the best of the bunch in the Scalextric GT3 range - although the new Aston might take that crown away. The second new AMG (below) is the RAM Racing car driven by Remon Vos and Tom Onslow-Cole to fourth place in Pro-Am at the Monza round of the 2019 Blancpain GT series. It's rather understated compared to some of the AMG liveries, but I really like it.

These two AMGs have also been joined by the Wynn's IMSA car that will appear in the ARC Pro Platinum GT set - and is also available as a Scalextric Club Exclusive model (see here). The Wynn's car hasn't sold out yet, but with the boxed Club edition limited to just 300 pieces, it's probably best not to wait too long!

We go back in time to the 1970 Canadian Grand Prix and the debut of Jackie Stewart's Tyrrell 001. Stewart took pole, but retired whilst leading the race. It's the first time Scalextric have produced this car, although it naturally shares some tooling with the previous 002 and 003 releases. So a 'half-new-for-2020' car.

Staying in 1970, we have Sam Posey's #76 Dodge Challenger T/A that was his back-up car (for the #77) during the 1970 Trans Am series. Tony Adamowicz drove the #76 at the final race at Riverside, retiring 15 laps before the end. Scalextric have already produced the #77 car and almost never release the same livery again - for those who don't have the #77, this is a chance to get a fabulous livery for a reasonable price.

Then there's the welcome return of the Lotus Evora to the Scalextric range - in the Gulf colours of Stanbridge Motorsport's entry for the 2019 and 2020 GT Cup Championship. James Simons and Fraser Smart share driving duties and currently sit fifth in the GTA class behind four Ginetta G55s. In 2019, they finished runners-up.

The last of the photographs is the BBA Compétition McLaren F1 GTR driven by Jean-Luc Maury-Laribière, Marc Sourd and Hervé Poulain at the 1995 Le Mans 24 hours.

There is still one final car we're waiting for - and that's the Bentley Continental included in the ARC Pro Platinum GT set. I hope to get hold of pictures of the model soon.

The full 2020 Scalextric range can be found on the Scalextric website: www.scalextric.com/uk-en/shop/new-for-2020

All of the cars above can pre-ordered from Scalextric,  Pendles, MRE and most of your favourite Scalextric retailers. Thanks to the Scalextric Team for the updates.
[+] 3 members Like woodcote's post

The Lotus looks very good!

It is a pity Andrew Jordan dropped out of the BTCC... Scalextric can't seem to catch a break... the iPace series was cancelled for next year as well... :-(

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Scott
4th-Feb-24, 08:21 PM
Last Post by darrenp60
14th-Aug-23, 10:31 PM