SlotRacer Forum
Ebay UK includes non UK sellers - Printable Version

+- SlotRacer Forum (https://slotracer.online/community)
+-- Forum: Off Topic (https://slotracer.online/community/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: What Grinds Your Gears (https://slotracer.online/community/forumdisplay.php?fid=30)
+--- Thread: Ebay UK includes non UK sellers (/showthread.php?tid=806)

Ebay UK includes non UK sellers - Scuderia_Turini - 13th-Oct-19

If I search for something and under "Item Location" tick the box "UK Only" I still get presented with items that are in China. I don't mind buying stuff from Peoples Republic of China and have done several times but if I am keen for quick delivery, Its a pain to have sort through "erroneous" listings to check where the item will come from.
This includes clearly bogus listings that state London as the item location but when you check the business address it is in Shenzhen in Peoples Republic of China.
For example:- https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-car-battery-terminal-clamp-clips-disconnect-switch-screw-connector-L-D/202783697454

Of course, it would be handy if one could check a GB VAT Ref but there is no such facility in the public domain.

Leo

RE: Ebay UK includes non UK sellers - Johnno - 14th-Oct-19

We in Australia have the same with flebay.. tick Australia only and included in the listings are China or USA or some other back wood country.

Wouldn't this scrupulous behaviour be illegal? Well yes but not enough of us stick together and speak up. The most I can do is report the fraudulent behaviour to appropriate Government department. 

No point in reporting said to flebay or amzombie as they are unto there own operations, hell they even get away with not paying the proper taxes all over the world.

RE: Ebay UK includes non UK sellers - Savage GT - 14th-Oct-19

With you all the way on this one Scuderia_Turini.

RE: Ebay UK includes non UK sellers - dvd3500 - 14th-Oct-19

Yeah I am never sure how they get away with that.
Still.. it is better than amazon where when you filter on price lowest to highest it doesn't do that right...

RE: Ebay UK includes non UK sellers - CMOTD - 14th-Oct-19

This type of listing is not necessarily dodgy in my experience. The key is 'item location' not 'business location' and foreign sellers are obliged to maintain a stock in this country if it says the item is located in UK. I have bought numerous items like this and every time it has arrived in a couple of days from the UK location listed even though the seller is actually a Chinese business. As a a safeguard have a look at their feedback - if the stuff is actually being shipped from China you will usually find a good deal of negative feedback saying so.

RE: Ebay UK includes non UK sellers - Johnno - 14th-Oct-19

Even if the location is in China it shouldn't matter, I agree with the false advertising etc of the OP. Even amazon is a part of this trickery forcing us to sign up for the Prime service which really does nothing for the extra charge.

I just purchased CCTV system and eight cameras from ebay, I requested the 4mm lens over the included standard 2mm lens cameras. I had the main system at my door in three days and surprise, surprise I had eight 4mm lens cameras at my door, all the way from China... I mean WTF??? I was and am stoked that the cameras got here this fast, so the items can be shipped internationally and still arrive in seriously fast time frame.

Regardless, again if the location says UK the item should, nay must be in UK not in the factory in China or Beyond the Black Stump.

RE: Ebay UK includes non UK sellers - CMOTD - 14th-Oct-19

Amazon does not "force you to sign up to Prime". It is your choice entirely. Here is a tip for you, sign up for the free month's trial and get free next day shipping for a month then cancel it before the first payment is taken. You can do this numerous times, just wait for a while then take out another free trial. It works over and over again, I am on my tenth and have never paid a penny for the privilege!

RE: Ebay UK includes non UK sellers - Scuderia_Turini - 14th-Oct-19

(14th-Oct-19, 08:57 AM)CMOTD Wrote:  This type of listing is not necessarily dodgy in my experience. The key is 'item location' not 'business location' and foreign sellers are obliged to maintain a stock in this country if it says the item is located in UK. I have bought numerous items like this and every time it has arrived in a couple of days from the UK location listed even though the seller is actually a Chinese business. As a a safeguard have a look at their feedback - if the stuff is actually being shipped from China you will usually find a good deal of negative feedback saying so.

Hello Brian,
Yes, I have had that experience also. I guess it makes some sense from the seller's point of view in that bulk shipping to UK stock has a financial benefit and provides a better customer experience.

My most annoying Ebay experience was actually local. Was desperate for some small bolts and I found a seller identified as in Haddington, less than 10 miles away. The items arrived 7 days later from Warrington. The seller operates via a 3rd party warehouse service. I wasn't pleased but could see that I didn't have any grounds to complain so I didn't leave them any feedback.

Leo