SlotRacer Forum
Triple Crown - American Road Race Slot Car Proxy Tour - Printable Version

+- SlotRacer Forum (https://slotracer.online/community)
+-- Forum: Racing (https://slotracer.online/community/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Proxy Racing (https://slotracer.online/community/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: Triple Crown - American Road Race Slot Car Proxy Tour (/showthread.php?tid=2692)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

RE: Triple Crown - American Road Race Slot Car Proxy Tour - Graham - 19th-Apr-22

Idea That is a really great method, had not thought of tilting the car on the straight track piece, I will include that with the scrutineering next time.

RE: Triple Crown - American Road Race Slot Car Proxy Tour - tatter06 - 19th-Apr-22

I guess the tatter mustang just had too much guide Infront of the front axle, the revoslot guide is within the measurements but unlike the nsr  rally guide where the blade is all behind the post, the revoslot post is roughly in the middle of the blade. Makes sense when it come to an incline. It is what it is.

RE: Triple Crown - American Road Race Slot Car Proxy Tour - Mike174 - 19th-Apr-22

Yes Having just caught up with all this, it’s hard to believe this is (loosely) based on my original idea! I’m just glad all you people with years of knowledge of running Slot cars are here to pass on your knowledge to people like me who have only been racing for a year or two! Thanks to you all! Yes

RE: Triple Crown - American Road Race Slot Car Proxy Tour - Savage GT - 20th-Apr-22

Aha !
Nice description Andy, you have cleared up my confusion as to why technically legal guides were giving problems, and your post makes for a useful guide (bad pun intended) when setting up for proxies with scx/classic track. Thumbup

RE: Triple Crown - American Road Race Slot Car Proxy Tour - Graham - 22nd-Apr-22

Wavegreen Good Morning

we have the results from Mountain View of Stage 5 of the American Road Race

The stage was run yesterday as Paul decided to make the most of this great weather and get away for the weekend, he sent me the results to post yesterday evening.

The timed runs were made by Paul C and his guest host Steve Hills (TruSpeed Controllers)

Cannonball Run
[attachment=22870]

[attachment=22874]

Pan American
[attachment=22875]

[attachment=22881]

Classic Trans Am & NASCARS
[attachment=22882]

[attachment=22883]

Modern Trans Am & NASCARS
[attachment=22884]

[attachment=22885]

So there we go, another set of very interesting results, hopefully Paul will give us his thoughts on Monday when he is back, I will update the accumulated results tomorrow and then the cars will be off to South Manchester Slot Club next week.

Brumos RSR - Brumos RSR - 22nd-Apr-22

Thank you PaulC for running the round with our toy cars.  Congratulations CourtneyS and Chris K on your wins. AdeC that Lambo of yours sure is a runner and continues to give my GT3 gray hair. Cube I love watching that GTO defy physics.  Graham thank you for directing and putting it all together.

RE: Triple Crown - American Road Race Slot Car Proxy Tour - Graham - 23rd-Apr-22

Wavegreen Good Morning,

Again many thanks to Paul and Steve (TruSpeed) for running Stage 5 for us, once again giving us a different perspective on the running of the cars on the Policar track surface. It was a good Stage for Courtney Sports, Brumos RSR, Mountain View Racing, Bangers Racing and Green Star Racing, a unexpected trip up for Ruscillo Racing (what happened to the Megane ?) and mixed fortunes for the rest of us.

Here is the combined results at the "Halfway House" 

[attachment=22934]

[attachment=22935]

[attachment=22936]

And finally Fastest "Single lap" cars during Stage 5
[attachment=22942]

So tomorrow I will analyse the results and set the scene for the next stage in my Pitlane Review.

RE: Triple Crown - American Road Race Slot Car Proxy Tour - Graham - 24th-Apr-22

Wavegreen Good Morning

Pitlane Review "Halfway House"
Such a lot has happened already, and still have another 5 stages to go. So after the after the rough and tumble of the Dyke Hillclimb, we had the fast sprint race on the Mountain View Policar track. Next we have one of the two wood routed tracks at South Manchester Slot Club, hopefully our host Ash will give us the low down on if we are running on the faster  "Three Rivers" or the shorter twistier "Catalunya" circuit (based on the famous Spain F1 circuit at Barcelona).

I know that Ash is busy this weekend racing at the club which is hosting the National GT3 Competition.

But I don't think he will mind me posting up these photos of the track from the club website.

[attachment=22946]

As you can see South Manchester Slot Club has two of the best tracks you could hope to race on.

Results from Stage 5

Cannonball Run
1st Place- Courtney Sport -Porsche 911RS
2nd Place - Green Star Racing - Lamborghini Gallardo
3rd Place - Brunos RSR - Porsche 997

After a disappointing DNS on the Hillclimb, it is a strong return for Courtney Sports Scalextric Porsche 911RS, first return to the top spot since Harlequin Stage1.
The Lambo of Green Star Racing once again beating the Porsche 997 of Brumos RSR into 2nd place (a few more grey hairs I think ) Bigsmile
And finally what happened to the Megane of Ruscillo Racing, only managing 6th place  Angry I guess we will have to wait for Paul's report tomorrow to understand this one.

Pan American 
1st Place - Bangers Racing- AC Cobra
2nd Place - ALS Racing - Corvette
3rd Place- Mountain View Racing -  Ferrari 166

Another solid run to the finish line for the Cobra of Bangers Racing, a welcome return to the Red Corvette of ALS Racing after their DNS at the Hillclimb, and this time the Mountain View Racing's Ferrari 166 made it around the Mountain track to get 3rd place.

Classic Trans Am & NASCARS
1st Place - Brumos RSR - Camaro
2nd Place - Team Cube - Pontiac GTO
3rd Place - Mountain View Racing - Camaro

Cruising home again for another win for Brumos RSR after getting stuck at the bottom of the Hillclimb last week, Team Cubes Pontiac GTO taking its familiar place on the rostrum on 2nd and Mountain View Racing taking advantage of the home turf to nip in front of the Mustang for third.

Modern Trans Am & NASCARS
1st Place - Courtney Sport - Porsche 914/6
2nd Place - Bangers Racing - Porsche 911s
3rd Place - Green Star Racing - De Tomaso Pantera

Well the flying Porsche 914/6 of Courtney Sport was back on form this week after the DNS on the Hillblimb.
Bangers Racing Porsche 911 and Green Star Racing De Tomaso taking 2nd and 3rd.

Team Points
Bangers Racing just beginning to break away from the pack perhaps, Green Star Racing, Brumos RSR, Courtney Sport, Roadrunners and Mountain View keeping in close company. But as I said we are only half way through, with lots of different types of tracks and scenario's to go  Sun

So the cars should be on their way to Manchester on Monday.

RE: Triple Crown - American Road Race Slot Car Proxy Tour - tatter06 - 25th-Apr-22

Thanks Graham, yes busy but enjoyable day at gt3 yesterday, but onwards and upwards to the proxy!

I haven't decided on the tracks yet tbh, we ran the last proxy on 3 rivers as catalunya was out of service. So there's an argument for sticking with the same track for a clean comparison, or switching to catalunya to see if the track change mixes the results up for returning competitors. From an aesthetic perspective class A and D would suite 3 rivers whilst C and D would suit catalunya, class A cars may find Catalunya a bit of a struggle. Decisions, decisions! Is it possible to do a poll on this forum??

RE: Triple Crown - American Road Race Slot Car Proxy Tour - CMOTD - 25th-Apr-22

(25th-Apr-22, 01:32 PM)tatter06 Wrote:  Is it possible to do a poll on this forum??

It certainly is but only as a new thread, not as a reply to an existing one.