SlotRacer Forum
Racer Sideways Ford GT GTE Keating Motorsport - 24 hours of Le Mans 2019 - Printable Version

+- SlotRacer Forum (https://slotracer.online/community)
+-- Forum: News & Events (https://slotracer.online/community/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+--- Forum: News (https://slotracer.online/community/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: Racer Sideways Ford GT GTE Keating Motorsport - 24 hours of Le Mans 2019 (/showthread.php?tid=2351)

Racer Sideways Ford GT GTE Keating Motorsport - 24 hours of Le Mans 2019 - woodcote - 12th-Aug-21

[attachment=16956]

Racer Sideways SWCAR02A Ford GT GTE #85 Keating Motorsport - 24 hours of Le Mans 2019. RRP £74.95. Scheduled August 2021.

The first livery on the Racer Sideways Ford GT GTE is due later this month. Not surprisingly, it's the very striking purple and orange Wynn's-sponsored car entered by Keating Motorsport in the GTE Am class at the 2019 Le Mans 24 hours...

[attachment=16951]

It was the first Ford GT to compete in the pro-am LM GTE Am class at La Sarthe - American team owner and gentleman driver Ben Keating sharing with Dutchman Jeroen Bleekemolen and Brazilian Felipe Fraga. It was the car's racing debut. After an advantageous post-qualifying Balance of Performance tweak, the #85 Ford dominated the GTE Am class - leading the class for most of the 24 hours and proving a big fan favourite as it crossed the finish line 45 seconds ahead of its nearest rival. Controversy followed... An investigation into fuel delivery infractions saw the organisers penalise the Keating car 55 seconds, dropping it to second in class. Further post-race scrutineering found the fuel tank was 100ml too big and the car was disqualified. A crushing end to the weekend and the final goodbye of the Ford GTE programme at La Sarthe...

There are a good crop of liveries from that 2019 race, plus IMSA heritage schemes and the red, white and blue factory colours from the previous years of the programme. However, Sideways have given us a livery that's going to fly off the shelves - certainly if the Scalextric model was anything to go by. Here are some more pics...

[attachment=16952] [attachment=16953]

The Wynn's livery is a tribute to the Hotchkis Racing Porsche 962 car that raced in IMSA during the late 80s. It was used by the Riley Motorsports team on their Mercedes-AMG GTD entry for the 2019 Daytona 24 hours, driven by Ben Keating, Jeroen Bleekemolen, Luca Stolz and Felipe Fraga. It was no surprise the livery was re-worked for Keating's Ford GTE Am at Le Mans. Both the Mercedes and the Ford have been produced by Scalextric.

Because I'm used to looking at the Scalextric model (here), I needed to look a side-by-side view of the Sideways GTE and the real car...

[attachment=16954] [attachment=16957]

All the dimensions are correct to 1:32 scale, but something jars. Is it just the Wynn's decal on the side not stretched enough vertically, or is the door panel too high? The side windows and the roof line seem too low to me. It's all fractions - and no-one's going to notice when the car is belting around a home or club track... but I suspect a lot of these will be sitting on display.

Inside, it'll be the usual Sideways GT3 layout - including the 17k baby Raptor motor in an anglewinder pod. The Ford will join the Lamborghini Huracán and the BMW M6 in the Racer Sideways GT range. Fingers-crossed we see the rumoured McLaren 720 GT3 at some point too.

The Sideways Ford GT GTE is available now for pre-order at Pendle Scale Racing here.

[attachment=16955]

RE: Racer Sideways Ford GT GTE - Savage GT - 13th-Aug-21

Yes To me the door looks a little raised and that could make the roofline look lower and the rear haunches bulkier.
But overall It hink its a decent job, the front arches look a lot more accurate than those on the BMW M6, despite the fact the picture of the real car has a small degree of turning going on. Not sure if the high rear end (over the rear tyres)  is because of clearance issues with motor and interior or the pod needing more offset.
Either way I think a bit of work can rectify that, and that livery just looks so good, I think I could be tempted to add one to the stable.
Not sure if the club will allow it to compete in GT3 as it technically isn't, but that's another story.