SlotRacer Forum
2021 race tickets - Printable Version

+- SlotRacer Forum (https://slotracer.online/community)
+-- Forum: Off Topic (https://slotracer.online/community/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: Motorsport (https://slotracer.online/community/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: 2021 race tickets (/showthread.php?tid=1908)

2021 race tickets - CMOTD - 1st-Feb-21

MSV circuits are selling tickets for some 2021 events, including BTCC. Whether the events take place is in the lap of the gods but there will almost certainly only  be limited attendance allowed in the early part of the year. I would suggest booking early if you want to guarantee places. There is zero financial risk as MSV offer a no quibble covid refund policy.

Goodwood also started selling F.O.S. and Revival tickets today which will be in very short supply as 90% of last year's ticket holders opted to roll them over to 2021. Saturday only and 3 day passes are nearly sold out for the Revival already.

RE: 2021 race tickets - Savage GT - 2nd-Feb-21

One of these days I will actually remember to book tickets for either Goodwood event (actually probably the F.O.S. as I can't see me dressing in period Rofl ).
Lets hope some of these events are allowed to open in a covid safe way.
Maybe next year we can return to a more "normal" existence ! Do you know when the tickets go on sale for F.O.S. 2022 ?

RE: 2021 race tickets - Gpa113 - 2nd-Feb-21

Hi, 

I was able to book my tickets for the Revival last week as a GRRC Fellowship member, and they where limited then, so if anyone wants any be quick  Thumbup
The Members Meeting has already been moved to May, from March originally, but must be looking unlikely, unless things improve pretty rapidly.

MSV have plenty of good meetings lined up, and will offer refunds if they get cancelled. 
Castle Combe also have plans in place, including a new Retro Meeting over a summer weekend. They had very limited tickets for the last couple of meetings only last year, but are very helpful. They finally got to sell tickets for their Autumn Classic, which expanded to 2 days, only to get day 2 rained off, talk about unlucky  Tappingfoot

Let's hope some of these great looking race dates get to happen, and we can get to spectate at them, fingers crossed  Checkeredflag

RE: 2021 race tickets - Scuderia_Turini - 2nd-Feb-21

I am not intending to join any mass gatherings until 2022.

Leo

RE: 2021 race tickets - woodcote - 2nd-Feb-21

Yep, I will be giving the big events a miss this year too. The only exception might be the Brighton Speed Trails at the start of September, if they go ahead.

I can decide on the day and walk down there in less than 20 minutes Sun

RE: 2021 race tickets - Gpa113 - 2nd-Feb-21

If, and it's a very big if, Goodwood do go ahead it will need to be very different. 

I went to both of the late season fixtures last year at Castle Combe. They had approx 120 tickets for the Autumn Classic.  There are more people than that at the local supermarket....
Plus masses of space to keep well and truly out of anybody else's way, and outside. 

The Goodwood Speedweek was excellent, great racing, well presented, and all from the comfort of your own home.  Probably the best option for this year as well.

RE: 2021 race tickets - CMOTD - 5th-Mar-21

Update on calendar from MSV. LINK

Non elite racing with spectators resumes with some restrictions on 17th April.

Elite events like BTCC with spectators resume 17th May. Bound to be restrictions on crowd sizes and calendar may be rescheduled.

Let's hope that the light at the end of the tunnel isn't a train coming the other way!

BRDC still asleep at the wheel so no news forthcoming from Silverstone.

RE: 2021 race tickets - woodcote - 10th-Mar-21

Locally, the usual 'private' club sprints at Goodwood in May and August will be going ahead, but the Hove Park public show in June is not. The date for the Brighton Speed Trials on Saturday 4 September is confirmed, pending Motorsport UK and local authority approval.

However, there appears to be a worrying development...

Quote:“The Covid 19 virus appears to have affected textiles. Particularly FIA-approved overalls containing the anti flame retardant material Nomex.
Members of Brighton and Hove Motor Club have reported dramatic shrinkage in FIA-approved overalls. Mostly in the midriff region.
All competitors for upcoming sprint at Goodwood are advised to ensure that their overalls do in fact still zip up properly as per regulation requirements.”

Thumbup

RE: 2021 race tickets - CMOTD - 8th-Apr-21

Yet another U turn in the never ending saga of covid cock-ups!

Motorsport spectating is now banned till May 17th, even small scale club racing, despite the government previously stating it would be OK.

Update from MSV

Outdoor attractions like zoos and theme parks can reopen, and events such as boot fairs, steam rallies and food festivals can take place with up to 4,000 visitors per day but you can't sit in your car at Snetterton and watch motor racing. The mind boggles at the insanity of it all. Tappingfoot Tappingfoot

RE: 2021 race tickets - Ken Mason - 8th-Apr-21

It's ridiculous. You can go to a steam rally with up to 4000 spectators but not a clubbie at Snetterton with a few hundred and plenty of space. Furious. As an aside I would pay good money to see Savage in period gear at Goodwood.....